Crunch for Data Replication
Learn How Granica Revolutionizes Data Replication
The Challenge of Traditional Data Replication
As enterprises experience exponential growth in their data volumes, traditional data replication methods are increasingly falling short. This growth presents significant challenges:
- Scalability Issues: The sheer volume of data often overwhelms traditional replication techniques.
- High Costs: Replicating large datasets across regions involves prohibitive networking costs.
- Inefficiency in Disaster Recovery: Meeting Recovery Point Objectives (RPO) and Recovery Time Objectives (RTO) becomes nearly impossible with large-scale data, especially during system downtimes.
- Operational Overheads: Managing replication at this scale adds significant complexity and cost.
Granica Crunch in Data Replication
- File Compression: Granica Crunch applies lossless data compression to the source data, leading to substantial cost savings.
- Data Transfer Savings: Our platform optimizes data transfer by compressing data for replication. This results in lower bandwidth usage and, consequently, reduced costs. Whether replicating data in its compressed form or decompressing it to its original state, the focus is on minimizing expenditure and maximizing transfer efficiency.
- Faster Data Movement: Transferring compressed data is quicker. The time taken to transfer and set up data in new environments or migrate data is significantly reduced, enabling a more agile and responsive data strategy.
- Reliable Replication: Granica Crunch ensures data integrity through advanced hash-checking, guaranteeing accurate data replication from source to destination.
- Up to 80% Reduction in Data Movement: Granica Crunch intelligently identifies and replicates data, drastically reducing data transfer costs.
- Operational Efficiency: It simplifies replication management at scale, lowering operational overheads. File compression leads to quicker data transfer speed, which leads to lower data transfer costs.
- Improved Disaster Recovery: By accelerating the replication process, Granica Crunch ensures quicker recovery times during system downtimes, enhancing business continuity.
Granica's Data Replication Strategy
Streaming replication for active/passive workloads involves keeping the source data in its original state while the replicated data is compressed and stored in the destination.
- Data at the source remains in its original, uncompressed state.
- Replicated data is compressed using Granica Crunch for efficient transfer to the standby destination.
- Standby destination stores the compressed data, reducing storage requirements.
- Ensures operational flexibility at the source with data in its original form.
- Reduces storage costs at the destination due to data compression.
- Simplifies data recovery and access at the destination.
- Efficient for scenarios where the source data's integrity is paramount.
- Storage savings are not realized at the source, only at the destination.
- Potential delay in data availability at the destination due to the need for decompression.